Sunday, September 09, 2007

Strike!

I've grown tired of calling friends and family who read my blog to see how they're doing only to have my voicemail messages deleted without getting a return call. I feel as if my relationship with them has become one-sided. It's reminiscent of my relationship with a certain SJA. I'm sure the excuse is, "Oh, I've been so busy!" or "Oh, I have so many things going on right now!" or "Oh, I keep forgetting to call you back!" Yeah, I know, I've said all those things before...when I didn't really want to talk to someone.

If there's anything I've learned from Dr. Phil (and my sister Nancy, the armchair psychologist) it's that you teach people how to treat you. That, and people make time for the things and people that are important to them. With that reminder, I'm officially on strike. No more blogging. No more calling. No more attempts at maintaining relationships that are one-sided. From here on out I want people in my life who are genuinely interested in true intimacy with the give and take that exists in healthy relationships. So if you're checking my blog for entertainment purposes only, you'll be disappointed. The real me has a voice outside of cyberspace, and it wants to be heard in real time...not when it's convenient for you between checking email and surfing for a recipe for dinner. Best friend not included (it's football season...I'll hear from her in February ;-).

1 Comments:

Blogger Mizike said...

So sorry to hear this. I look forward to when you decide to post again.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home