Until He's 30
Shorty's been back since last Saturday and it's been...interesting. I can tell he's evaluating the situation here and comparing it to his time with his daddy in LA. I'm also evaluating him and determining how this turbulent year has affected him. Basically, we're feeling each other out.
Tonight we're going to a trivia night function and I've planned for us to go to a 5 K tomorrow morning. After which, I have a hair appointment and we'll come back to town in time for him to attend a middle school dance at the local Y where I'll be chapperoning for the first time (God help me!). I'm trying to balance fun for him with entertainment for me as we go through this period of adjustment. I know that the most important thing I can do is lead by example. I need to show him that here is better than there, even if he doesn't see it until he's 30.
Tonight we're going to a trivia night function and I've planned for us to go to a 5 K tomorrow morning. After which, I have a hair appointment and we'll come back to town in time for him to attend a middle school dance at the local Y where I'll be chapperoning for the first time (God help me!). I'm trying to balance fun for him with entertainment for me as we go through this period of adjustment. I know that the most important thing I can do is lead by example. I need to show him that here is better than there, even if he doesn't see it until he's 30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home