Monday, August 13, 2007

A New Approach To The List

This weekend I asked my ex to fax a copy of Shorty's report card so I can get him enrolled for school. I got the fax today and it had 7 sections which were not complete (nevermind that they use numbers instead of actual letter grades...geez!). So I sent my half child a text asking him to send me a complete report card by Thursday. He never replied.

I then proceeded to download a copy of THE LIST. Any active parent knows what I'm talking about. It's the school supply list that schools send home each year. It has been the bain of my parental existence ever since my son started school. Besides the price tag (which easily tops $200, not including school fees), real life scavenger hunt for the items on the list can leave me feeling haggard and nearing insanity. With every parent of a child looking for the same items in the time just before school starts, every store in town is usually out of stock of something on the list until well after Labor Day. In the past I've tried getting the trucking schedule for various stores & showing up at obscene hours to meet it (i.e. 4 a.m. on a Tuesday) in attempts to have all the items before the first day of school. Alas, I've never had everything on time. This year I'm trying something new.

Inspired by the Staples commercial f. the Christmas song

TV Commercial found with the help of Clipland

"It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year", I've decided to order Shorty's supplies online & have them delivered to the house. Hopefully, it will lessen the strain of this year's transition back to Mommydom for me. And for once, we'll have everything he needs on the first day. Thank God for technology...now if just didn't cost so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home