Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Whole Package

TRS and I talked again for an hour this evening. He listened to me go on and on about the myriad thoughts I'd had this weekend as I hibernated due to my pre-menstral state (there are only 2 popsicles left out of the box of 24 I opened yesterday). When he called I told him I was just talking about him while I was on the phone with my prayer partner.

"Really? What were you talking about?" he curiously asked.

"I was telling her about some of the things we might do while you're up here visiting for our birthday weekend," I replied. Parenthetically, my birthday is 2 days before his (in October). He asked me about the activities I was thinking about. I told him and asked if they sounded okay. "If it's fun and involves you, I'm cool with it," he said. I mentioned Shorty and he said, "So that's something I've been meaning to ask you. How do I put this? Ok, let me just ask you. Is it appropriate for me to stay with you with him there?"

"I was just talking to my prayer partner about this. Yes, I think it's appropriate as long as you sleep in the guest room," I frankly replied. In light of our confirmation of the chemistry between us last week I said, "I believe that God will keep you if you want to be kept, so I think I'll be able to control myself."

"I will help you, and I'm sure you'll help me," he said.

I was glad he asked because it gave me an opportunity to let him know where I'm coming from. "Well, I can stay at a hotel if it's not appropriate for me to stay with you," he said.

"If you're coming to visit me I couldn't possibly let you stay at a hotel. You'll stay here...in the guest room. I wouldn't have it any other way," I said with all the southern hospitality with which I've been groomed.

"I'd like that," he replied.

Prior to my conversation with TRS, my prayer partner and I discussed him meeting Shorty and how the weekend should proceed. I told her that I think it's the perfect time for Shorty to see me dating someone so he can witness first hand how a Christian relationship progresses. I think it will be good for Shorty to see how a man should treat a woman (TRS is all about opening doors, pulling out chairs, and [gasp] walking down the stairs in front of me...chivalry isn't dead!). My prayer partner added that it will be good for me to see how the two of them interact. I agreed and said, "We're a package deal. Love me, love my child. The SJA wasn't willing to be a step-dad...he just wanted the cookies. I'd like to see if TRS is just interested in me or if he's interested in my kid too."

The fact that he's willing to come to IA to visit me and is respectful of my child, my home, and my desire to maintain my abstinance already says a lot to me. I'm looking forward to seeing if he's interested in the whole package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home