An SJA RS? Not!
Yesterday TRS didn't email me as much as he normally does in a day. In one message he mentioned that he's going to NYC this weekend to visit a female friend from college. My first feeling was one of suspicion since whenever the SJA said he was going to visit a female friend, it often meant a domestic booty call. I then spent the rest of the day feeling my insecurity rise. I decided not to treat TRS like the SJA and commited to trusting him until he gives me a reason not to trust him. That and it's not like we've slept together or have any kind of commitment.
So today when I got home to check the mail and found a Priority mail package in my mailbox with TRS's name on the outside, I was a little taken aback. "What did he do?!" I said out loud to myself with a smile on my face. I opened the box and found a t-shirt from Martha's Vineyard with a letter from D:
"I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. While I was in Martha's Vineyard, I enjoyed myself and enjoyed the opportunity to visit family. I have to say, I most appreciated the time I spent with you on the phone. You shared some pretty intimate details with me that many would not share. I appreciate you being so open with me.
Whether you and I go through life as good friends or lovers, I want you to know that I respect you and appreciate you. I am thankful that God brought us back into each other's path again and I look forward to our friendship.
You told me that you like to collect shirts from the places you travel. I know you may not have been in Martha's Vineyard in the physical, but I was walking around with you in my heart and on my mind. I got this T-shirt for you to add to your collection. I look forward to our birthday weekend."
In all the years I was dealing with the SJA he gave me only two gifts. The first was a pair of g-string panties from Victoria's Secret after we had a huge fight after which I stopped seeing him for 3 months (i.e. no sex) and he wanted to see me again. The second was a bundle of fuschia carnations from Walmart after I told him he couldn't come over unless he brought flowers the Sunday after Valentine's Day last year. If I had any thought in my mind that TRS was like the SJA, it's gone.
So today when I got home to check the mail and found a Priority mail package in my mailbox with TRS's name on the outside, I was a little taken aback. "What did he do?!" I said out loud to myself with a smile on my face. I opened the box and found a t-shirt from Martha's Vineyard with a letter from D:
"I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. While I was in Martha's Vineyard, I enjoyed myself and enjoyed the opportunity to visit family. I have to say, I most appreciated the time I spent with you on the phone. You shared some pretty intimate details with me that many would not share. I appreciate you being so open with me.
Whether you and I go through life as good friends or lovers, I want you to know that I respect you and appreciate you. I am thankful that God brought us back into each other's path again and I look forward to our friendship.
You told me that you like to collect shirts from the places you travel. I know you may not have been in Martha's Vineyard in the physical, but I was walking around with you in my heart and on my mind. I got this T-shirt for you to add to your collection. I look forward to our birthday weekend."
In all the years I was dealing with the SJA he gave me only two gifts. The first was a pair of g-string panties from Victoria's Secret after we had a huge fight after which I stopped seeing him for 3 months (i.e. no sex) and he wanted to see me again. The second was a bundle of fuschia carnations from Walmart after I told him he couldn't come over unless he brought flowers the Sunday after Valentine's Day last year. If I had any thought in my mind that TRS was like the SJA, it's gone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home