Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Last STD

I was professionally unproductive yesterday and settled on something I like to do. I spent most of the day planning my vacations for the next 3 years because I couldn't concentrate on work. I've scheduled a day and half of vacation for the rest of this week to catch up on Shorty & my health appointments and go through the first round of parent/teacher conferences. I came home at the end of the day and spent an hour and a half filling out new patient forms.

My new Ob/Gyn form had the usual list of questions: When was your last period? (sometime in the last month); Is there a history of breast cancer in your family? (um, yeah); Any STDs? (sexually transmitted diseases or something to do's like the jack@$$ I've recently moved to get away from?). The one question that slowed me down was, "Has your sexual partner had sex with anyone else in the last 12 months?"

Now, my first instinct was to put, "Yeah! That's why I was an STD to him!" Then I put "unknown" thinking I didn't really know the answer to that question. Then I thought of calling him to ask him. Talk about opening a can of worms!

After I pondered the answer for a moment, I decided I didn't really want to know the answer to that question and that it didn't really matter anyway. Whether he did or didn't wasn't going to change anything...I still live in IA, he still lives in NO, and I don't ever want to sleep with him again. It was an unhealthy relationship that's now over and the v-day is all about getting back to taking care of my health.

With my homework done, I sent an email to several of my close friends about our upcoming Thanksgiving reunion. Seeing all of them again (those who stood by me through my LAST STD) will be one of the highlights of my holiday season this year. It's always good to spend time with people who truly love you no matter what your health is like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home