Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Life In These 10 Minutes

I'm all packed up and ready to go to NO in the morning. It's been an eventful week of preparation (including Shorty getting his first detention assignment, which I take as a sign I need to pay more attention to him), but I'm as ready as I can be for the trip. As much as I don't want to go back there, I know it's necessary to eliminate the dangling participles of my life...er go Carlos & my old job. It'll be the last thing I need to do to remove all remaining excuses for why I'm not where I want to be in my life.

I'm focused on the positives that may come from the trip and not expecting any more than I've had in the past (never expect, only hope, right?!). This final excursion will allow me to finally close my checking account, finish my transition with my replacement, and close the Carlos chapter of my life. When I come back I'm hoping I'll have enough strength and fortitude to do what Lot's wife didn't do...never look back longfully.

So what do I truly want?

I want to be healthy and fully ready for an intimate relationship.

I want peace.

I want to be drama free (which includes not wondering where I went wrong [aka, left at New Orleans]).

I want to rid myself of those toxins of the past that manifest themselves in the present by my spending too much time looking in the rear view mirror. I want a life in these 10 minutes by saying goodbye to that which is more than 5 minutes ago and not thinking about anything that's more than 5 minutes from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home