My Crazy Dreams & Visions From God
Yesterday morning I got up early and plopped on the couch to watch The Today Show. My Brazilian friend came down and asked me, "What are you doing awake? You were up so late last night?"
"Next time you decide to fly us somewhere, please get behind the wheel before we turn upside down!" I sleepily mumbled.
"What?!" she asked, laughing and confused.
"I had a dream that you and I were walking & talking about you moving in. I was late getting to the next town, so while we were riding in the car to get there with me in the back seat and you in the front passenger seat, the car took off into the air and became a plane. Even though I was worried, you told me you'd done this plenty of times and everything was okay. Well, we hit some turbulence and I begged you to get behind the wheel which you did. I asked you if you'd ever flown a plane before & you said 'Sure! Plenty of times,' and we kept climbing. I then begged you to get behind the wheel when the plane started to bank and feel as if we were falling. As you shimmied into the driver's seat, the plane turned upside down. I asked you to land the plane even though we were only half-way to my destination, which you did...in the parking lot of some apartment complex. As we got out, the plane turned into a mini-space shuttle. Naturally, we were greeted by the police, news crews, and various apartment complex residents. The police frowned at us as we exited and I went off on my own to try to make sense of the fact that we'd could've been in a plane crash. You then asked me, 'So, tell me about living in [insert name of small IA town here]. What is there to do?' I said, 'Not now!' trying to wrap my mind around what had just happened. 'Fine!' you replied. 'Just give me a minute!' I said as people started cleaning the plane/space shuttle. 'I need to go back inside,' I told the crew. 'Let us finish,' they said. 'If you don't want to talk to me right now then don't bother talking to me afther they're done,' you said impatiently. 'I just need to go back inside and get the ring my grandmother gave me before she died!' I told you. As I walked up to the door of the plane/shuttle, the crew finished and one of the cleaners handed me a bill. 'What's this?' I asked. 'It's a bill,' he said, 'just like the one Rhianna gets when she lands.' I looked at it and looked at the police officer who approached me just then. 'You can either pay it or explain why you have this plane...never mind that you've just landed it in an apartment complex.' That's when I woke up."
My Brazilian friend laughed at my crazy dream. "And you remember every detail!"
"Yeah, my brain's just like that...always has been," I confessed.
When I got home later that day, I decided to take my Brazilian friend's advice regarding TRS calling too late and call him at the time which works for my schedule. It worked. We ended up talking for over an hour and a half, just like we did when we first started talking a month ago.
We talked about numerous things and I ended up sharing with him many of the things I'd known would come to pass in my life (i.e. living in NO, having a child with my now ex-husband even before I'd met him, being rich one day, seeing my "boyfriend" from college for the first time and knowing he'd be an important part of my life, at a young age seeing pictures of yoga for the first time and knowing I was supposed to do that, seeing a picture of the Taj Mahal and knowing I'm supposed to go there with the love of my life when I'm in my 40s, going to the UN for the first time when I was 3 or 4 and knowing I'm supposed to work there one day, etc.).
I also told him (yet again) how meeting the Norwegian in Italy was divine providence. That I'd taken that trip with no plan except for a plane ticket with hotel reservations I made on the way to the airport. I shared how I let God lead me during that week and slowed down while searching for the sculpture I'd known I was going to see in person one day after having seen it just once in a Humanities book in high school. And that's how I met the Norwegian who changed my life. I told him how I thought the Norwegian might be the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with since the experience in Rome was so amazing, but came back to NO from Norway before Katrina with a broken heart. That's when I asked God, "What am doing here [in NO, divorced mother and environmental engineer who was at the time disenchanted with all things "me". What am I supposed to be doing with my life?" God gave me a clear answer, "Your purpose is to take care of this planet and the people who live on it. You're an environmental engineer now so you can eventually become the V.P. of ESH of this company and then retire to become an environmental ambassador to Kenya." He was captivated by my story.
"Wow!" he said. "Wow what?" I asked. "Just that you seem to have these visions from God." He asked me if I knew if I'm supposed to be married again for the rest of my life and I answered him honestly. "I don't know."
I know what I want from my life (i.e. to be married again and have another child or two), but I don't know if those are just crazy dreams of mine or a vision from God.
"Next time you decide to fly us somewhere, please get behind the wheel before we turn upside down!" I sleepily mumbled.
"What?!" she asked, laughing and confused.
"I had a dream that you and I were walking & talking about you moving in. I was late getting to the next town, so while we were riding in the car to get there with me in the back seat and you in the front passenger seat, the car took off into the air and became a plane. Even though I was worried, you told me you'd done this plenty of times and everything was okay. Well, we hit some turbulence and I begged you to get behind the wheel which you did. I asked you if you'd ever flown a plane before & you said 'Sure! Plenty of times,' and we kept climbing. I then begged you to get behind the wheel when the plane started to bank and feel as if we were falling. As you shimmied into the driver's seat, the plane turned upside down. I asked you to land the plane even though we were only half-way to my destination, which you did...in the parking lot of some apartment complex. As we got out, the plane turned into a mini-space shuttle. Naturally, we were greeted by the police, news crews, and various apartment complex residents. The police frowned at us as we exited and I went off on my own to try to make sense of the fact that we'd could've been in a plane crash. You then asked me, 'So, tell me about living in [insert name of small IA town here]. What is there to do?' I said, 'Not now!' trying to wrap my mind around what had just happened. 'Fine!' you replied. 'Just give me a minute!' I said as people started cleaning the plane/space shuttle. 'I need to go back inside,' I told the crew. 'Let us finish,' they said. 'If you don't want to talk to me right now then don't bother talking to me afther they're done,' you said impatiently. 'I just need to go back inside and get the ring my grandmother gave me before she died!' I told you. As I walked up to the door of the plane/shuttle, the crew finished and one of the cleaners handed me a bill. 'What's this?' I asked. 'It's a bill,' he said, 'just like the one Rhianna gets when she lands.' I looked at it and looked at the police officer who approached me just then. 'You can either pay it or explain why you have this plane...never mind that you've just landed it in an apartment complex.' That's when I woke up."
My Brazilian friend laughed at my crazy dream. "And you remember every detail!"
"Yeah, my brain's just like that...always has been," I confessed.
When I got home later that day, I decided to take my Brazilian friend's advice regarding TRS calling too late and call him at the time which works for my schedule. It worked. We ended up talking for over an hour and a half, just like we did when we first started talking a month ago.
We talked about numerous things and I ended up sharing with him many of the things I'd known would come to pass in my life (i.e. living in NO, having a child with my now ex-husband even before I'd met him, being rich one day, seeing my "boyfriend" from college for the first time and knowing he'd be an important part of my life, at a young age seeing pictures of yoga for the first time and knowing I was supposed to do that, seeing a picture of the Taj Mahal and knowing I'm supposed to go there with the love of my life when I'm in my 40s, going to the UN for the first time when I was 3 or 4 and knowing I'm supposed to work there one day, etc.).
I also told him (yet again) how meeting the Norwegian in Italy was divine providence. That I'd taken that trip with no plan except for a plane ticket with hotel reservations I made on the way to the airport. I shared how I let God lead me during that week and slowed down while searching for the sculpture I'd known I was going to see in person one day after having seen it just once in a Humanities book in high school. And that's how I met the Norwegian who changed my life. I told him how I thought the Norwegian might be the man I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with since the experience in Rome was so amazing, but came back to NO from Norway before Katrina with a broken heart. That's when I asked God, "What am doing here [in NO, divorced mother and environmental engineer who was at the time disenchanted with all things "me". What am I supposed to be doing with my life?" God gave me a clear answer, "Your purpose is to take care of this planet and the people who live on it. You're an environmental engineer now so you can eventually become the V.P. of ESH of this company and then retire to become an environmental ambassador to Kenya." He was captivated by my story.
"Wow!" he said. "Wow what?" I asked. "Just that you seem to have these visions from God." He asked me if I knew if I'm supposed to be married again for the rest of my life and I answered him honestly. "I don't know."
I know what I want from my life (i.e. to be married again and have another child or two), but I don't know if those are just crazy dreams of mine or a vision from God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home