
I got a chance to see Hillary & hear her speak downtown today. Even in the Iowa version of sweltering heat (it wasn't even close to a July day down south), I was pleased to hear her "3 point plan" (something I'd hoped to hear when I went to Barak's rally in March) also known as her platform...healthcare, education, and the environment. She also spoke about cleaning up America's reputation with the rest of the world once Bush is out of office. I was happy with most of what she said (i.e. making college more affordable for middle class families, decreasing US dependence on foreign oil via biofuels & biodiesel [the latter is my preference], and restoring our foreign relations reputation to their pre-Evil Bush Jr. levels. Healthcare, I'm not so thrilled about. In concept, I do believe every American, neigh every human, should have healthcare coverage. I also know that socialized healthcare is going to cost a pretty penny. My concern is the tax dollars for healthcare will be inequitably taken with the lower income masses paying much more than the upper income group. Since I'm on my way into the upper income group, I'm a little concerned. I would hate to pay for the healthcare of lower income people who unintelligably have damaged their own health by doing things to themselves that caused their own more expensive health issues (i.e. smoking, drinking, but most importantly eating unhealthy foods). I know that what's in people's diets are closely linked to their income level, even though we've educated people over and over to "eat green things". Some folks are just too lazy to cook healthy foods at home and too undisciplined to manage their lives appropriately. Part of me feels like our healthcare system is Darwinian. Let me stop now...I'm beginning to sound like a Republican.
One added bonus of attending the rally was that I ran into my attorney. He let me know that my ex has finally been served with papers, which explains why my ex has stopped talking to me. The new court date has ironically been set exactly 11 years to the day from when my ex spinelessly walked out on me and took our son to Prickafornia with him.
As we move into round II, I'm going to do what Hillary would do. I'm going to "Give Him H", because a strong woman with a plan is just another way of saying, "A Force To Be Reckoned With."
1 Comments:
OMG - a closet republican! I knew it....
Post a Comment
<< Home