Friday, June 01, 2007

Dodge This


This is a picture of the damage caused by the tornado that ripped through town today (a first for this small Iowa town). It shows the remains in the cemetary just around the corner from my house (no pun intended). When the tornado first touched down it was first sighted on the west side of the plant where I work. After it passed, reports were that it went right up through town and folks asked me if I wanted to go check on my house since it'd passed in the vicinity of my home. Having lived through Katrina and already experienced not knowing how my house was for two weeks, I didn't think it would matter if I waited a few hours. That and what I learned with Katrina was what really matters...people and the memories you create with them. The stuff can be replaced...that's why I have insurance. Someone also said to me, "You know, every where you go you seem to bring devastation with you. Are you beginning to feel like it's following you?" I didn't answer, but I did feel like that a little. More importantly I feel God is reminding me of how blessed I am that I haven't been hit and is strengthening me more and more each time I dodge another natural disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home