Friday, May 18, 2007

Courage

I just mailed the certified letter to my ex that my lawyer instructed me to send. It states what (I thought) we'd agreed to when I bought the ticket for Shorty to go to LA temporarily. I've held off on sending it out of fear that it might tip my ex off that I'm preparing to fight to maintain custody of our son. Then I remembered a key point that I try to keep at the front of my mind when I'm paralyzed by fear, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

When I recently told my My match.com friend that I know that eventually everything will be alright, he assured me that "everything is already alright." Whatever comes from this, I'm doing this afraid of the pain I may have to endure in going through what is essentially another divorce. But I know I have to do this or my child may never know how much I do love and want to raise him. In the process, I hope I'll also show him what courage is...doing things afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home