Thursday, September 28, 2006

Notice: Me

After returning from NO, I spent most of the week closing out semi-annual reports required by the state. Not interesting at all, but necessary to keep my Negative Ned & Whiny William co-workers off my back. I was so fed up with Whiny William & his discrediting back talk about me (he's the one who was my interim supervisor) that I backed him into a corner & put him on notice. Before I left work on Wednesday, I went into his office, closed the door and said, "I have a concern." I sat down in the chair and proceeded to lay down the law.

"I've been getting feedback that you've been saying less than positive things about me and my progress on my project. I'm the kind of person that likes to deal with things head on & I'd hoped that if you had issues with me or my work you'd let me know directly," I said with as concerned a face as I could muster. He half-heartedly asked who had given me the feedback. "I'm not the kind of person to say who told me what because I believe it compromises the confidence. I never say who said what because the important thing is what's said. I really hope that if there are any issues you'll just come to me." He hemmed & hawed for a while, saying that he hadn't said anything negative but maybe it had been taken as such. After I'd given him just enough rope, I ended the conversation with, "I just want to make sure we're on the same page."

He's been put on notice. Now if he wants to talk sh!t about me behind my back, he's doing it knowing that he's putting himself out there right along with me because we're now bound together by this conversation. Now if I can just get through this upcoming week of corporate audits...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home