Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is There A Merit Badge For This?

I just finished talking to my ex about Shorty. I was reviewing our cell phone bills today and noticed a list of 800 numbers he'd called several times last month. I called one and was horrified to hear a breathy woman's voice say, "you've reached 'The Yes Girls'. That's right, you've reached the right number and I've been waiting for your call. Just reach down and whip it out and I'm ready to blow more than just your mind. No not that, silly, your credit card. Just enter your credit card number..." and that's when I hung up. I was floored!

Shorty calling phone sex lines from his new cell?!?!? Did I make a mistake by giving him one? Is this a sign of something more that he's doing (there are two 13 year old girls at his school that are currently pregnant)? Who gave him the numbers? Was it one of the little hussies who've put their phone numbers & pictures in his phone? EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

I immediately started searching the net for the nearest Planned Parenthood office. I thought I might set him up with an appointment to learn how to put on a condom. "But he's only 12!!!" the little voice in my head screamed. "Should I teach him myself?" I thought and then felt my stomach knot up in the same way it did when I was 8 and walked in on my parents one Saturday afternoon.

After talking to Darryl about it this afternoon, he convinced me that I should share with my ex what's going on with Shorty. So I called him and told him what's up. We've agreed that I'll send him the list of numbers so he can get a feel for the "content" and then he'll talk to Shorty. I've given him some guidance on the conversation including, "I saw your phone bill" so Shorty won't know that I know. He's also agreed to show Shorty how to use a condom and suggested we both show him so we're on the same page. I told him it's not exactly something I want to do. I then thought about Darryl's question, "Do the Boy Scouts teach them about that stuff?"

"I don't know," I replied, "but it does fall in line with the Boy Scout motto: 'Be Prepared'. I want him to be informed, but I don't want to give him the impression that I'm giving him permission to have sex." I just wish there was a merit badge for this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh...is it that time already..

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home