In Love...Faster Than I Could've Ever Imagined
I just got off the phone with Darryl. We talked about his plans to spend the weekend in my hometown with his sister for her birthday weekend (she'll be 35 tomorrow). He's planning to meet his sister there and introduce her to my second sister. I asked when I'd get a chance to meet his sister and he reminded me that I'll meet her in south FL while I'm meeting his father and step-mother, after we've spent Xmas with my family but before I introduce him to my best friends and their SOs.
All this after I got an email from my oldest sister today asking for his addy so she could send a thank you note (she got an arrangement for Kaniu's funeral signed "The Broussard Family" and didn't know who it was from until she talked to our mother). I wanted to cry out the words to John Mayer's song, "Stop This Train" when I thought I felt comforted. Then I realized what I was feeling was...in love.
I'm in love with the idea of having someone to spend the rest of my life with. I'm in love with the way he treats me. I'm in love with the possibility of having a healthy family to merge with. I'm in love with the vision of having someone to hold my hand when I put my parents in the ground...and another family to share my family's pain while I'm having to do so. I'm in love...I just hope Darryl's the one I'm supposed to be with on this train because it's moving faster than I could've ever imagined.
All this after I got an email from my oldest sister today asking for his addy so she could send a thank you note (she got an arrangement for Kaniu's funeral signed "The Broussard Family" and didn't know who it was from until she talked to our mother). I wanted to cry out the words to John Mayer's song, "Stop This Train" when I thought I felt comforted. Then I realized what I was feeling was...in love.
I'm in love with the idea of having someone to spend the rest of my life with. I'm in love with the way he treats me. I'm in love with the possibility of having a healthy family to merge with. I'm in love with the vision of having someone to hold my hand when I put my parents in the ground...and another family to share my family's pain while I'm having to do so. I'm in love...I just hope Darryl's the one I'm supposed to be with on this train because it's moving faster than I could've ever imagined.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home