How To Save A Life
My nephew, Kaniu, is on my mind.
I'm thinking of how much I loved him and how much more I wished I'd done for him. Even though I know I did all I could with what I had at the time, the weekend we spent together when I brought him to visit me in New Orleans just wasn't enough in his memory in those last moments. I just crawled out of bed with Shorty.
After crawling into bed with him and holding him for a few minutes, I crawled out knowing it wasn't enough as I remembered Kaniu sleeping with me as an infant, "how will he ever know how much I love him?". And I'll go to sleep tonight wondering, "How To Save A Life".
I'm thinking of how much I loved him and how much more I wished I'd done for him. Even though I know I did all I could with what I had at the time, the weekend we spent together when I brought him to visit me in New Orleans just wasn't enough in his memory in those last moments. I just crawled out of bed with Shorty.
After crawling into bed with him and holding him for a few minutes, I crawled out knowing it wasn't enough as I remembered Kaniu sleeping with me as an infant, "how will he ever know how much I love him?". And I'll go to sleep tonight wondering, "How To Save A Life".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home