Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
Yesterday I called the SJA back at work to thank him for his birthday voicemail. We talked for a while about our annual enrollment choices for company benefits which led to an interesting conversation.
SJA: "Someone recently told me that I should get more life insurance because of the high risk way I live my life."
Me: "You should get more life insurance. Oh, and do you have a will?"
SJA: "No."
Me: "What?! You don't have a will? With the reckless life you live?"
SJA: "That's not nice. Why would I need a will?"
Me: "Not only do you need a will, but a trust, a living will, and durable power of attorney drawn up. You could use the company legal insurance plan to do it. It's actually pretty reasonable for what you get."
SJA: "Why would I need a trust?"
Me: "So the insurance money will go straight to it instead of through probate, and you avoid court costs & taxes."
SJA: "Yeah, if I died, my mom and brother would be rich. What are beneficiaries?"
Me: "Those are the people who get your money when you die."
SJA: "Well I'm updating my beneficiaries now. Do you want some of my money?"
Me: "No thanks. I'm good."
SJA: "Yeah, if I made you a beneficiary, you'd probably kill me."
Me: "Noooo, you're worth much more to alive than you are dead," I said as I thought of how valuable the information is that he gives me about our company. "So I called because I got your voicemail. Thank you for your birthday wishes.
SJA: "Your welcome. What'd you do on your birthday?"
Me: "Oh, I went to brunch with some friends & then to dinner alone with my boyfriend."
SJA: "Oh yeah? Who is he?"
(I could almost hear him becoming fall out boy, as he seemed to slip out of his chair.)
Me: "Oh, you don't know him."
SJA: "Well I know I don't know him but who is he?"
Me: "You don't know him."
SJA: "Well how long have you been dating him?"
Me: "For a while."
SJA: "That's just like saying, 'you don't know him'."
As we were talking, I sent him a picture of the roses (titled "Upgrade") that Darryl gave me for my birthday with the subject line "Good Flowers".
SJA: "What's this? What's this picture...upgrade? Are these flowers he gave you?"
Me: "Yup! Oh I forgot to send you this other picture."
I then sent him a picture of the flowers I pretty much made him give me 5 days after Valentine's Day last year with the subject line "Not Good Flowers".
SJA: "Hey, I think these are good flowers! I think they're pretty nice!" (Reasons he rides the little bus).
Me: "Well your birthday's coming up pretty soon. What are you going to do?"
SJA: "I don't know."
Me: "I'm going to Chicago that weekend, are you coming up?"
SJA: "No, I don't want to upset your boyfriend."
Me: "Oh he's not going to be there. I'm meeting my friend Kevin from college."
SJA: "Kevin? Who's that?"
Me: "You've met Kevin. He came to NO to visit me several times."
SJA: "The guy you went to Hawaii with?"
Me: "Yeah, him!"
SJA: "I always thought he was gay."
Me: "He is gay. Reasons my boyfriend won't be bothered by the trip."
SJA: "Nah. You might be trying to set me up with him."
Me: "Oh, I wouldn't do that," to Kevin (I thought to myself). "Anyway, I just called to say thanks for the birthday greeting."
SJA: "Ok."
Me: "Bye."
SJA: "Bye."
And that, my friends, is how one let's an SJA ex-lover know you're no longer accepting being a back burner gimp for him, have moved on to be the apple of someone else's eye, and anointed said SJA with the theme song "Thanks For The Memories".
SJA: "Someone recently told me that I should get more life insurance because of the high risk way I live my life."
Me: "You should get more life insurance. Oh, and do you have a will?"
SJA: "No."
Me: "What?! You don't have a will? With the reckless life you live?"
SJA: "That's not nice. Why would I need a will?"
Me: "Not only do you need a will, but a trust, a living will, and durable power of attorney drawn up. You could use the company legal insurance plan to do it. It's actually pretty reasonable for what you get."
SJA: "Why would I need a trust?"
Me: "So the insurance money will go straight to it instead of through probate, and you avoid court costs & taxes."
SJA: "Yeah, if I died, my mom and brother would be rich. What are beneficiaries?"
Me: "Those are the people who get your money when you die."
SJA: "Well I'm updating my beneficiaries now. Do you want some of my money?"
Me: "No thanks. I'm good."
SJA: "Yeah, if I made you a beneficiary, you'd probably kill me."
Me: "Noooo, you're worth much more to alive than you are dead," I said as I thought of how valuable the information is that he gives me about our company. "So I called because I got your voicemail. Thank you for your birthday wishes.
SJA: "Your welcome. What'd you do on your birthday?"
Me: "Oh, I went to brunch with some friends & then to dinner alone with my boyfriend."
SJA: "Oh yeah? Who is he?"
(I could almost hear him becoming fall out boy, as he seemed to slip out of his chair.)
Me: "Oh, you don't know him."
SJA: "Well I know I don't know him but who is he?"
Me: "You don't know him."
SJA: "Well how long have you been dating him?"
Me: "For a while."
SJA: "That's just like saying, 'you don't know him'."
As we were talking, I sent him a picture of the roses (titled "Upgrade") that Darryl gave me for my birthday with the subject line "Good Flowers".
SJA: "What's this? What's this picture...upgrade? Are these flowers he gave you?"
Me: "Yup! Oh I forgot to send you this other picture."
I then sent him a picture of the flowers I pretty much made him give me 5 days after Valentine's Day last year with the subject line "Not Good Flowers".
SJA: "Hey, I think these are good flowers! I think they're pretty nice!" (Reasons he rides the little bus).
Me: "Well your birthday's coming up pretty soon. What are you going to do?"
SJA: "I don't know."
Me: "I'm going to Chicago that weekend, are you coming up?"
SJA: "No, I don't want to upset your boyfriend."
Me: "Oh he's not going to be there. I'm meeting my friend Kevin from college."
SJA: "Kevin? Who's that?"
Me: "You've met Kevin. He came to NO to visit me several times."
SJA: "The guy you went to Hawaii with?"
Me: "Yeah, him!"
SJA: "I always thought he was gay."
Me: "He is gay. Reasons my boyfriend won't be bothered by the trip."
SJA: "Nah. You might be trying to set me up with him."
Me: "Oh, I wouldn't do that," to Kevin (I thought to myself). "Anyway, I just called to say thanks for the birthday greeting."
SJA: "Ok."
Me: "Bye."
SJA: "Bye."
And that, my friends, is how one let's an SJA ex-lover know you're no longer accepting being a back burner gimp for him, have moved on to be the apple of someone else's eye, and anointed said SJA with the theme song "Thanks For The Memories".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home