Until Thursday
So I haven't been writing for numerous reasons. First, I came home from the trip to meet my fairy godmother and ended up with a rib out of place, literally. So I spent last weekend (and Monday night) trying not to breathe too deeply as I drifted in and out of sleep on the floor of my living room with a heating pad on my back, surrounded by numerous Popsicle wrappers. I had a hair appointment after work on Tuesday and was off to OH for an audit Wednesday. After I finished working Thursday, I flew back to IA and managed to get YET ANOTHER speeding ticket on the way home from the airport. This offered entirely too much fodder for my co-workers on Friday (I was accompanied by the one guy I work with who's my biggest professional competition) and they took every opportunity to tease me about it.
"You got ANOTHER ticket?! They're going to revoke your license, give it back to you, and revoke it again!" said one funny guy.
"They're going to have your picture up on the wall at the DMV for the top 10 most wanted!" said another funny guy.
"They're going to stop you next time, look at your license and say, 'Oh! [insert my name here], we've been expecting you. I love what you've done with your hair!" said a third funny guy.
"They're just going to start giving you a punch card and say, 'Keep this with you, present it each time, and your tenth ticket is free!" said the fourth funny guy.
Then we all proceeded to spend an inordinate amount of time reviewing our brackets, talking about basketball, and whining about Duke. Having completed little work by 4 (but I did book my trip to Scotland over Easter :-), I went home and watched basketball pretty late into the night. When I went to update my blog, I was sad to discover I have a nasty virus on my computer (like freakin' herpes) and I've been trying to find something to clean it off ever since (scan in progress as I type).
I had a major migraine Saturday, so I did nothing but watch basketball and analyze random statistics from the internet. I discovered that my theory about women waking up when they're 30 and realizing marriage is scam has some weight. The highest number of divorces (outside of the 20-25 range when I think no one should get married) occur when the bride has reached 30 &/or after 10 years of marriage.
Yesterday I did watch basketball, but more importantly finally let out my deepest darkest secret to the two people who I needed to tell most. The sky didn't fall, the Earth didn't open up, and I now have a plan to deal with it since I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
So there it is. My rib is back in place (thank God!). I've started watching the speed limit more carefully (even though that last ticket was in an obvious speed trap). And I'll be blogging again once I'm convinced my home computer's clean...at least until basketball starts up again on Thursday.
"You got ANOTHER ticket?! They're going to revoke your license, give it back to you, and revoke it again!" said one funny guy.
"They're going to have your picture up on the wall at the DMV for the top 10 most wanted!" said another funny guy.
"They're going to stop you next time, look at your license and say, 'Oh! [insert my name here], we've been expecting you. I love what you've done with your hair!" said a third funny guy.
"They're just going to start giving you a punch card and say, 'Keep this with you, present it each time, and your tenth ticket is free!" said the fourth funny guy.
Then we all proceeded to spend an inordinate amount of time reviewing our brackets, talking about basketball, and whining about Duke. Having completed little work by 4 (but I did book my trip to Scotland over Easter :-), I went home and watched basketball pretty late into the night. When I went to update my blog, I was sad to discover I have a nasty virus on my computer (like freakin' herpes) and I've been trying to find something to clean it off ever since (scan in progress as I type).
I had a major migraine Saturday, so I did nothing but watch basketball and analyze random statistics from the internet. I discovered that my theory about women waking up when they're 30 and realizing marriage is scam has some weight. The highest number of divorces (outside of the 20-25 range when I think no one should get married) occur when the bride has reached 30 &/or after 10 years of marriage.
Yesterday I did watch basketball, but more importantly finally let out my deepest darkest secret to the two people who I needed to tell most. The sky didn't fall, the Earth didn't open up, and I now have a plan to deal with it since I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
So there it is. My rib is back in place (thank God!). I've started watching the speed limit more carefully (even though that last ticket was in an obvious speed trap). And I'll be blogging again once I'm convinced my home computer's clean...at least until basketball starts up again on Thursday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home