Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jane Blunt

Chris called again last night (tete dur!) and left a message. Banking on the last little bit of hope that he has some cultural block, I called him back to give him a chance to grow a spine. No luck.

Chris: "How was the documentary? Hey I really wanted to watch with you last night. Why didn't you call me back?"

Me: "Uh, because you asked me for money!"

Chris: "What? I don't understand."

Me: "Chris, don't ever ask a black woman for money."

Chris: "I thought I was asking a friend."

Me: "As long as you take breaths on this earth, don't ever ask a black woman for money. EVER!"

Chris: "I thought I was asking a friend, not a label."

Me: "If you were asking a man, sure. But don't ever ask a black woman for money. If you don't get it, I don't have the energy to explain it to you."

Chris: "So, what about our friendship?"

Me: "Call me when you get your life together. Goodnight."

I don't think I could've been any more blunt (just call me Jane), and somewhere down the line I think Chris will end up singing James' "Beautiful" song. I bet that's how JB & the chick in the song's last conversation went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home