Monday, August 21, 2006

I Was Wondering

how long it would take before he asked me for money! The following is the email I received from Chris today. It was his reply to my invitation to watch WHEN THE LEVEES BROKE.
At 9pm.....just might be able to make this. I maybe working
late tonight - I just got given an excel spreadsheet
assignment that is wanted by tomorrow - pretty big job.

A quick question for you - like I've mentioned to you a
couple times that I'd be thrown three major lessons at one
time - relationships with co-workers and female friends, DUI
(alcohol intake) and the other was financial management of my
money. I thank you for listening to me several times and for
some very good advice on each one of these items. I'm in the
process of rectifying all aspects of these facets of my life.
I do however, require some assistance on the financial
standpoint as I am in the process of recovery from some of
those poor choices. I need to pay my lawyer some money, but
I am short about $150 - are you in a position to help me out?
And I will reimburse you first week in September. Just let me
know, either tonight when we speak or via email today.
Thanks. Talk soon. Chris.
Now I'm left wondering what the best way is to say no. This is a level I failed before I married my baby daddy. Thankfully enough time has passed that I've learned my lesson and I now just have to choose what language to say no in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mizike said...

This is something that I've been confused over. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not.

My best friend a highly educated professional black woman and we always talk about the people she is currently dating. And she says this is a constant theme in most of her relationships. When they realize she makes a decent income, the requests for money begins.

For me, this is something I can't understand. Money is a taboo subject for me. If the other person in my relationship starts asking for money, it's a sign to walk away. Maybe it's my unconscious mind thinking I'm buying someone's affections. *shrug*

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home