Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No.

And that was the body of the email reply I sent to Chris when he inquired again this morning about the loan.

Nevermind that he should've known better after the first DUI not to drive after drinking. Never mind that he's a chemical engineer & should be able to manage his money well enough to prepare for an emergency. Nevermind that we've only known each other for a month. Nevermind that he (as a grown @$$ man) asked a single mother for money to help him with a problem he only has because he was irresponsible. Never mind that this is exactly how things started with my baby daddy (he needed money for his rent) before we married & I found out later he was thousands of dollars in debt. Never mind that I'm preparing to loan my parents an unGodly sum of money because my father was too soft hearted in situations like this with other Kenyans while I was growing up and now my parents can't financially take care of themselves. Never mind all that.

I knew it was coming because of the mistakes I saw my father make while I was growing up. I knew this was coming because after 9 years of divorce, my ex-husband is still sucking the financial life out of me by not doing what he should for our son. I knew it was coming because he just smelled like a chronological adult. With that I say what my father should've said, what I should've said, and what I've learned to say without apology to all the trifling men of the world when they show up wanting something from someone they think is an animal (a.k.a. a gullible), "No."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home