Deer & Bunny Rabbits
On the drive home from work today I was lost in thought. I was feeling something new but couldn't put my finger on it. I came home and sat in my backyard trying to identify the feeling. "Why am I not happy?" I thought to myself. "I've got everything I wanted...a new job, a new home, a new life. What's missing?" As I stared off into the tall grasslands that separate my patio from the forest behind my home, I noticed a deer & two bunny rabbits. That's when it hit me. I'm not unhappy. I'm feeling the absence of drama from my life for the first time in I don't know how long. I've traded in the alligators, snakes, & blood-sucking mosquitoes of LA for the deer and bunny rabbits of IA. I've left behind a life of anxiety & emotionally unavailable men for peace and time to learn to love myself. With that in mind I'm moving forward...and I'll take deer & bunny rabbits any day over what I had before.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home