Check Please
I talked to my tech friend this afternoon. As she was catching me up on what's going on in LA, she told me she'd heard that my friend from Brazil & the jack@$$ are having an affair.
"Well if that's true, good for them," I blandly responded.
"Yeah, they're supposed to be spending a couple of extra weeks down there in Brazil right now," she threw out, fishing for an emotional response from me.
"Huh," I mustered. "Oh well, I hope they enjoy each other," I responded.
"So you're over him," she curiously asked.
"Pretty much," I said, ending that topic of conversation.
I know she was throwing that out there to get a reaction out of me, but I have a hard time believe it's true. I wouldn't be surprised if she started that rumor. True or not, I have no feelings left for the man, and I wouldn't wish an intimate relationship with that SJA on anyone...especially not my friend from Brazil. It's nice to not have my own worth tied to what someone else may or may not be doing, and even nicer to know who you can and can't trust. I've come to learn that I can only trust myself when I keep my emotions in check. When I moved here, I checked out of caring what other people were doing or thinking...and I'm learning to please myself.
"Well if that's true, good for them," I blandly responded.
"Yeah, they're supposed to be spending a couple of extra weeks down there in Brazil right now," she threw out, fishing for an emotional response from me.
"Huh," I mustered. "Oh well, I hope they enjoy each other," I responded.
"So you're over him," she curiously asked.
"Pretty much," I said, ending that topic of conversation.
I know she was throwing that out there to get a reaction out of me, but I have a hard time believe it's true. I wouldn't be surprised if she started that rumor. True or not, I have no feelings left for the man, and I wouldn't wish an intimate relationship with that SJA on anyone...especially not my friend from Brazil. It's nice to not have my own worth tied to what someone else may or may not be doing, and even nicer to know who you can and can't trust. I've come to learn that I can only trust myself when I keep my emotions in check. When I moved here, I checked out of caring what other people were doing or thinking...and I'm learning to please myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home