The Beginning Of The Ending Starts In IA
I talked to my best friend last night (she found a little time for me between football games) and I caught her up on what's going on with me. I mentioned TRS and how we've been talking more and more as of late. "I've shared more with him than I have with any other man in my life," I gushed.
"Even more than Espen?" she asked, referring to the Norwegian I fell in love with in Italy 2 1/2 years ago during my divine trip to Rome. "Yes! Even more than Espen!" I said. I went on and on about how TRS & I talked for most of my drive down and back from corporate this past weekend, & that I realized I'd left myself wide open.
"So I've shared a lot," I said to TRS on the drive back from corporate. "Yes you have," he said. "I feel very vulnerable having shared so much," I said to him. "And how do you feel about that?" he asked with incredible sensitivity. I paused and reflected for a moment and finally replied, "I'm okay with it!"
I told my best friend about it and shared the God's honest truth, "He could be the one! I'm okay with being totally open with him!" "Wow!" she said. "I've never heard you say that before!" she exclaimed. "Really?! Not even about Walter [the love of my life]?!" I inquired. "Well, you always hinted about him, but you've never actually said it," she replied.
I don't know what it is about TRS, but with him getting in touch with me again 2 & 1/2 years after our initial meeting in NZ and developing an intimacy [without sex] that I haven't experienced since that time in Rome with the Norwegian, I feel I may have finally glimpsed the God written beginning of the ending to the book God brought me to IA to write: TWO NIGHTS IN ROME. Who new the end would start in Iowa!
"Even more than Espen?" she asked, referring to the Norwegian I fell in love with in Italy 2 1/2 years ago during my divine trip to Rome. "Yes! Even more than Espen!" I said. I went on and on about how TRS & I talked for most of my drive down and back from corporate this past weekend, & that I realized I'd left myself wide open.
"So I've shared a lot," I said to TRS on the drive back from corporate. "Yes you have," he said. "I feel very vulnerable having shared so much," I said to him. "And how do you feel about that?" he asked with incredible sensitivity. I paused and reflected for a moment and finally replied, "I'm okay with it!"
I told my best friend about it and shared the God's honest truth, "He could be the one! I'm okay with being totally open with him!" "Wow!" she said. "I've never heard you say that before!" she exclaimed. "Really?! Not even about Walter [the love of my life]?!" I inquired. "Well, you always hinted about him, but you've never actually said it," she replied.
I don't know what it is about TRS, but with him getting in touch with me again 2 & 1/2 years after our initial meeting in NZ and developing an intimacy [without sex] that I haven't experienced since that time in Rome with the Norwegian, I feel I may have finally glimpsed the God written beginning of the ending to the book God brought me to IA to write: TWO NIGHTS IN ROME. Who new the end would start in Iowa!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home