Who Said Iowa Was Safe?!
I went to the park this Saturday to show my new Brazilian friend my new hair (I got 18 inches of french wavy hair interlocked in for the first time). She was so taken with my new look! She couldn't get over how different I look with long hair.
"Wow!!! You are really beautiful! I know I'm talking to {insert my name here} but you look soooo different! Like a teenager!" she exclaimed with amazement.
"It's just hair!" I kept repeating whenever she said something about my new hairstyle.
"We're going to have to go out so I can try out my new hair on the local men," I joked. It was funny to me how an extra 12 inches of hair can make a woman so significantly more attractive. And then the incident happened.
After leaving my new Brazilian friend with her other Brazilian friends in the park, I was approached by a man not 20 feet from my car.
"Hello," he said with a strange look on his face with his hand extended toward me.
"Hi," I politely replied, ignoring his hand while clutching my purse.
"It's a beautiful afternoon," he said as he moved closer.
"Yes, it is," I said cautiously as I continued toward my car.
"My name is {insert weirdo's name here}. What's yours?" he asked, moving closer to me.
"I'm in a hurry to meet someone," I lied, simultaneously pressing the button to unlock and open my car door.
"Okay," he said following me to my car and standing right next to me as I started to get in. He then put his hands on my torso and tried to pull me toward him for God knows what! I removed his hands from my body and quickly got into my car, closing and locking the door. He walked off and I fumbled to start my engine. In my startled moment, I stared out the windshield and noticed two young women, one of whom was on her cell phone. I read her lips, "OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE JUST DID THAT!" she exclaimed to the person on the other end of the line. She read my mind. I tried to shake it off and backed out of my parking spot. As I waited for traffic to clear so I could exit the park, I saw the man walking away on the other side of the street. My heart was still racing when it occured to me, "who said Iowa was safe?!"
"Wow!!! You are really beautiful! I know I'm talking to {insert my name here} but you look soooo different! Like a teenager!" she exclaimed with amazement.
"It's just hair!" I kept repeating whenever she said something about my new hairstyle.
"We're going to have to go out so I can try out my new hair on the local men," I joked. It was funny to me how an extra 12 inches of hair can make a woman so significantly more attractive. And then the incident happened.
After leaving my new Brazilian friend with her other Brazilian friends in the park, I was approached by a man not 20 feet from my car.
"Hello," he said with a strange look on his face with his hand extended toward me.
"Hi," I politely replied, ignoring his hand while clutching my purse.
"It's a beautiful afternoon," he said as he moved closer.
"Yes, it is," I said cautiously as I continued toward my car.
"My name is {insert weirdo's name here}. What's yours?" he asked, moving closer to me.
"I'm in a hurry to meet someone," I lied, simultaneously pressing the button to unlock and open my car door.
"Okay," he said following me to my car and standing right next to me as I started to get in. He then put his hands on my torso and tried to pull me toward him for God knows what! I removed his hands from my body and quickly got into my car, closing and locking the door. He walked off and I fumbled to start my engine. In my startled moment, I stared out the windshield and noticed two young women, one of whom was on her cell phone. I read her lips, "OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE JUST DID THAT!" she exclaimed to the person on the other end of the line. She read my mind. I tried to shake it off and backed out of my parking spot. As I waited for traffic to clear so I could exit the park, I saw the man walking away on the other side of the street. My heart was still racing when it occured to me, "who said Iowa was safe?!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home