Looking Forward
Today I emailed the internal corporate contact that my fairy Godmother (the former VP of ESH) told me to get with for a company mentor. Given that she's living in Switzerland right now (her current position is as the company Europe/Africa lead), I didn't expect her to get back with me any time soon. I was pleasantly surprised when she replied within 30 minutes (at 10:30 PM Swiss time no less).
She stated that my fairy Godmother is a dear friend of hers and "I want to be like her when I grow up!!" That alone let me know that we have similar goals. She also mentioned that her schedule is crazy for the next few weeks, but if I'm patient, she'll have her assistant find 30 minutes for us to connect by phone. That's good enough for me.
I'm looking forward to talking with her & picking her brain. To have access to a contact so high up in the company (she's just 2 reporting levels down from the company CEO) is an invaluable opportunity that I plan to take full advantage of as I plot my next move. It's giving me something productive to do instead of spending my time thinking about where I used to be.
She stated that my fairy Godmother is a dear friend of hers and "I want to be like her when I grow up!!" That alone let me know that we have similar goals. She also mentioned that her schedule is crazy for the next few weeks, but if I'm patient, she'll have her assistant find 30 minutes for us to connect by phone. That's good enough for me.
I'm looking forward to talking with her & picking her brain. To have access to a contact so high up in the company (she's just 2 reporting levels down from the company CEO) is an invaluable opportunity that I plan to take full advantage of as I plot my next move. It's giving me something productive to do instead of spending my time thinking about where I used to be.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home