Who Read My Diary?
I watched this movie today and saw a lot of myself in that angry, alcoholic, divorcee. I found it ironic that the assistant was Swedish and I could relate to the angry woman doing late night searches of the net for information about the Scandanavian country, hoping to find the source of her own despair. I also noted the way her daughters responded to her long stint in the emotional basement of her life: one with an inappropriate relationship with a loser womanizing older man, another through open rebellion and quick pregnancies, another who dances & exercises her way through the stress, and the youngest who naively falls for a gay boy but is precociously wise enough to see things in her mother's life for what they were. The twist reminded me of what I'd read in this book a couple of days ago, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?". At the end, the comments about anger & resentment, and what it all does to you, I'd swear someone had read my diary and written the screenplay.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home