Write The Wrongs & Rights
I've just come home from working out & I feel GREAT! After sitting on my behind each day for the last 6 months, I've welcomed myself back to the healthy lifestyle I once cherished. I started training to become an aerobics instructor 5 years ago and was teaching regularly until I injured my shoulder while playing basketball with Shorty on March 29, 2004. Post-surgery, I couldn't take the pain killers (Vicodin makes me vomit), I needed a way to ease the pain and started drinking way too much. It's amazing how quickly one can slip into bad habits, and how difficult it is to get out when things don't go well (missing Shorty, analyzing my childhood to understand how I became who I am, dealing with the jack@$$, sorting through the experience with the Norwegian, suffering through the aftermath of Katrina, etc.). With all those perfect distractions, I somehow got away from taking care of me!
Detours happen in life, and now that I've moved to IA (which is where I think I need to be at the moment) I can stop making excuses for not taking care of myself. I know I need to be fully healthy to be ready for the intimate relationship I so desire. With deer and bunny rabbits running through my backyard, I can finally focus on healing myself and look forward to completely experiencing what I sampled almost 2 years ago during those 2 nights in Rome. And in replacement of coming home and drinking to ease the pain (physical, emotional, and spiritual), I can now write the novel that God put me here to write.
Detours happen in life, and now that I've moved to IA (which is where I think I need to be at the moment) I can stop making excuses for not taking care of myself. I know I need to be fully healthy to be ready for the intimate relationship I so desire. With deer and bunny rabbits running through my backyard, I can finally focus on healing myself and look forward to completely experiencing what I sampled almost 2 years ago during those 2 nights in Rome. And in replacement of coming home and drinking to ease the pain (physical, emotional, and spiritual), I can now write the novel that God put me here to write.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home