Monday, October 08, 2007

To Do Or Not To Do

TRS called this evening to let me know his friend in the Bronx is cool with us staying with her over New Year's. He's so excited about us spending that time together...and I'm feeling unsure. I don't quite remember committing to that trip! I mentioned it to him on Saturday night because I remembered that I have a credit on United for the ticket I didn't use to get Shorty from LA this summer. My passing thought about us spending New Year's in NYC w/ my friends was just that...a passing thought. I'm unsure I want to spend the money to go to NYC while going through the effort of figuring out what to do with Shorty. I guess it's just a reminder that not only is he really into me, but also impatient.


On a positive note, this is the first time in 14 years I've even had an inkling of a possibility of a date for New Year's Eve. And the thought of spending it with a man I'm realling digging as well as with two of my dearest friends & the men in their lives over such a cool holiday...in Times Square no less...leaves me torn between holding back as I've been doing and saying, "WTF!" and just enjoying the possibilities.


Part of me wants to go through the rest of the year the way I went through that week in Rome, trusting in God to show me what to do next and enjoying the time without thinking more than 5 minutes from now. Even if TRS turns out not to be the one (just like the Norwegian), at least I'll have more pleasant memories and have checked yet another item off my list of "Things To Do Before I Die". I guess I'll let his visit here this weekend for my birthday be the deciding factor in whether I fit him in "To Do" or write him out as "Not To Do".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home