Sunday, October 07, 2007

Karma Sounds Like "Wait & See"

I just got off the phone with my best friend and I'm trying to let our conversation sink in. I called her because I was feeling anxious after my conversation with TRS earlier this evening. We talked about how we could spend New Year's together in New York in Times Square with my best friend & her re/non-boyfriend (but that's A WHOLE 'NOTHER coversation), and a girlfriend of mine from college and her husband (whom he met while I was in FL for sisters' w/e 2007). I honestly told my best friend, "I don't want to fall in love with him if he's not the one!" She graciously coached me through my anxiety attack and reminded me that my feelings about TRS are different from my feelings about the Norwegian because TRS is putting a lot of effort into visiting me.


I then reminded her of what my prayer partner had pointed out earlier this evening, "But he has a pattern of focusing on one woman," reasons' he's become a serial monogamist at the upcoming age of 33. "You can't control where he fits into your life," [I'm paraphrasing] my best friend said.

"You'll just have to trust God & wait and see," she said.


And in that moment I hated those 3 little words. "Wait and see!" I just knew they were coming back to me when I said them to her before I even met the Norwegian. The worst part about it...I know she's right! If I'm ever going to be where God intends for me to be, I'm going to have to trust Him, open my heart to TRS, and wait & see how it all turns out.


"Love like you've never been hurt, sing like no one's listening, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's your last day in this life!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home