Sad Saturday Night Scenario Remedy
I just finished watching 40 Year Old Virgin (btw, very funny! I'll never say french toast the same way again). I thought it was sweet that the moral of the movie was that sex complicates relationships and one should wait for the right person. Anyway, me being 31, sexy & single, & this being a Saturday night where my son is in the care of his father, you'd think I'd be out trying to meet someone since I now live in a new town. Unfortunately, I'm black & live in IA where I don't know anyone...and the closest I came to an opportunity to get in with a crowd here was at a YPN barbeque this afternoon.
Chris was there, and he spent more time playing air hockey with Shorty. The only time he showed disappointment at my departure was when I announced that I was leaving the function early to take Shorty to the airport so I could drop him off for his 6 week visit with his dad. There it was, opportunity number two for Chris to ask for my number...and he didn't. With him being the only eligible man I've met in the last week, my confidence is a little shaken that I'm not as attractive as I once was. I'm thinking that even though Chris & I have a lot in common, he just isn't that into me...he's into my son.
I know that I've come to this point in my life romantically because I went off to college as a sheltered & socially handicapped 17 year old who's had one bad relationship after another. I could easily see myself ending up as a 40 year old re-virgin with no life, repeating this sad Saturday night scenario week after week. I'm not going to put too much stock in Chris' lack of interest...instead, I'm going to exercise the first step to love: patience. I truly believe that you meet the right person when it's time, and whoever he is, he's worth waiting for. Still, I know that God helps those who helps themselves, and I've concocted my own backup remedy. If I haven't had one date by the end of the year, I'm signing up on one of those internet dating sites. For God's sake this is IA, and by then I should have all jack@$$ memories out of my system.
Chris was there, and he spent more time playing air hockey with Shorty. The only time he showed disappointment at my departure was when I announced that I was leaving the function early to take Shorty to the airport so I could drop him off for his 6 week visit with his dad. There it was, opportunity number two for Chris to ask for my number...and he didn't. With him being the only eligible man I've met in the last week, my confidence is a little shaken that I'm not as attractive as I once was. I'm thinking that even though Chris & I have a lot in common, he just isn't that into me...he's into my son.
I know that I've come to this point in my life romantically because I went off to college as a sheltered & socially handicapped 17 year old who's had one bad relationship after another. I could easily see myself ending up as a 40 year old re-virgin with no life, repeating this sad Saturday night scenario week after week. I'm not going to put too much stock in Chris' lack of interest...instead, I'm going to exercise the first step to love: patience. I truly believe that you meet the right person when it's time, and whoever he is, he's worth waiting for. Still, I know that God helps those who helps themselves, and I've concocted my own backup remedy. If I haven't had one date by the end of the year, I'm signing up on one of those internet dating sites. For God's sake this is IA, and by then I should have all jack@$$ memories out of my system.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home