Priorities
I received a Priority Mail package today from my best friend. I opened the first envelope to find the package sealed in a second envelope which I opened to find the package sealed in a third envelope. From the shape and feel of it, I knew it was a book even before I opened the first envelope. I thought it was a character development book she'd mentioned to me months ago when I told her I was determined to write my book this year. I wasn't surprised to find this book when I looked at the cover since she'd told me she was sending it to me as a read to help me get through my time here in IA. She told me she'd read it and was reminded of me and that it was a good book.
I want to read it. I intend to read it. I know she's sent it to me to help motivate me to continue work on my own book. I haven't decided if I'm going to read it before I finish mine since I don't want anything I take in to influence my own work. I'm sure it's good, but I think for a while I'm going to use it as a reminder of what one of my top three priorities are here in IA: better education for Shorty, advancement of my careeer, & my health...which includes my mental health and finishing the book I was born to write so I can share the experience I had a year and a half ago that's put me on the path to completeness.
I want to read it. I intend to read it. I know she's sent it to me to help motivate me to continue work on my own book. I haven't decided if I'm going to read it before I finish mine since I don't want anything I take in to influence my own work. I'm sure it's good, but I think for a while I'm going to use it as a reminder of what one of my top three priorities are here in IA: better education for Shorty, advancement of my careeer, & my health...which includes my mental health and finishing the book I was born to write so I can share the experience I had a year and a half ago that's put me on the path to completeness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home