A Fresh Start
So here I am in IA and the rooms in my new home are in varying degrees of disarray. I worked at unpacking for almost 10 hours, and it seems that I’m not even close to finished. Tomorrow is a national holiday, but it feels like just another work day to me. There’s so much to be done to get my home in order before I go back to work next week, but my things (and myself) feel much like these boxes, labeled but out of place.
Some things are very different here: the weather, the accent, and (cerebrally) the location. Some things are very similar: the weather, the frustrations, and (cerebrally) my over-thinking. Even though I’ve moved over 1000 miles from my previous residence, some things haven’t changed (i.e. my ex-husband and our issues). Others have yet to show how different they are (i.e. me, my relationships with men, my son’s education, my career).
I knew that moving here wasn’t going to magically fix all the issues I’ve had over the years, but it is affording me an opportunity to be alone and face myself so I can choose to address my issues without distractions. I just feel like I need to get everything put in its new place so I can relax and deal with me. Until then, I am disoriented to an extent, and I have a lot of work to do before I’ll know which direction I need to go in without going backwards, or worse, around in circles.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home